Monday, December 30, 2013

FELIZ NATAL!!!!!


OI!!!!
Well MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!! Funny thing is, it doesn´t feel like christmas is here at all....lol maybe for yall but here it is hot and humid and just not that feeling lol but I wouldn´t want to be anywhere else! This mission might just be the death of me....lol nah but it is pretty tough. I thought I was in shape.....man I have never sweated or walked more than this in my entire life and the hills here are mountains...I am being serious I will send a picture next week if I remember too! So the language is pretty difficult. I am still at the point where I feel that I will never learn it but I have to say for 3 weeks I feel that I am doing pretty well. For the most part I can carry on conversations with people but sometimes I just say Sim and nod my head like I understand because I have no idea what they are saying. I need to be careful though because sometimes they are asking if I want to have something to eat and I have eaten somethings I don´t like at all. The people here are absolutely amazing and I have realized that as I have gotten the language down a little better so hopefully with time it will only get better! I wish I could tell you all about what has been going on but like I said last week it is just hard because I am not sure exactly what is all going on just yet. At times it is really frustrating because I feel like a puppy dog everyday just following my companion around because I don´t like our area that well and the language either so I just need to really focus on learning the language and know that everything will work out in the end. So last week was the hardest week of my life but this week got a little better. I feel better about being here in Manaus and I feel that I am getting a little more comfortable here. This past week we had our conferencia de natal and it was sweet! We got to go to a zoo military place and see a jaguar, monkeys, birds, and a whole list of animals! Snakes too which was insane! I will attach some pictures so y'all can see them! This week I also hit my first big milestone in the mission! 6 MONTHS!!!!! It is crazy to think that I am already 6 months in and a quarter of the way done because I feel that I have just started. Just goes to show that you can´t let time slip away that we need to serve our best every moment that we get! I live with another set of elders and one of the elders entered the MTC with me but in Sao Paulo so it was both of our 6 months so we celebrated in the photo attached! That is pretty much the update on me but I want to let y'all know that I know this gospel is true. You know growing up I always just went with the flow. I went to church because my parents went to church and man I thought I had it hard. Since I have been here I never knew this gospel could mean so much to people. People don´t have the luxury here to just jump in the car and go to church. Some of them do but most of them walk a good 30 to 40 minutes in the humidity and heat to get to church and they are all sweating and happy. I have never talked to a member of the church here who isn´t smiling and happy in a good mood and I know that the gospel is the reason for that! Don´t take this gospel for granted. Don´t look at going to church as a burden but rather look at going to church as a blessing that we can go and partake of the sacrament each week! I know that because Jesus Christ died for us that we can return to live with our Father in Heaven and that we can be with our families forever! I love y'all and wish the best wishes this holiday season! FELIZ NATAL!!!!! Love, Elder Brock

                                                                                     



No comments:

Post a Comment