Friday, April 25, 2014

CACOAL, BRAZIL

April 14, 2014
Well, wow, so this week was pretty crazy and sorry I haven’t had all the time in the world to be able to write lately. So last week I didn´t really get a p-day because I was traveling for almost a whole day--but no worries, I arrived here in Cacoal safely! So the Church has only been here for about 5 months. This past Sunday we had about 25 people in church and of that 25 I think about 15 were baptized members. It is amazing to see how the church is here because it makes me realize some of the difficulties Joseph Smith might of had. It is crazy because we rent a school courtyard for sacrament and we do everything. We bring bread, direct the meeting, give the talks, bless and pass the sacrament, and give opening and closing prayers every Sunday!  I never realized that the church was so small in some areas, but I know for a fact that this gospel is reaching the 4 corners of the Earth! Well enough with how the missionary work is going I am just going to get the good part of my letter...so I am great. I am happy and wouldn´t want to be anywhere else. Well that is somewhat true (lol) because I really do miss my family more than anything in this world. But nah I am kidding I´m not more important than this work going on!!!! Something that I learned this week is to not be so self centered. So this week I had the awesome opportunity to ordain two boys to the office of priest and deacon and also confer the priesthood to them! It was such a great experience and after my companion was like we need to give them a shirt and tie for church on Sunday. So I went and grabbed a shirt and tie and didn´t realize that one of the shirts I had grabbed had a stain and he looked at it and was like Elder get another shirt so I grabbed another one. Well, of course after he gave me the Cain and Abel talk about how I need to give my best and you know--he was right. I shouldn´t of just grabbed a random shirt but I should of checked it and made sure that it was going to be the best shirt that I could give him. You know at times it is difficult. It is difficult to give stuff away. Of course a white shirt and tie on the mission is nothing because as a missionary you usually have a lot of those. But it made me think about things that do mean a lot to me and would I be willing to just give my best away. My whole time here on my mission I have thought that what is mine is mine and yours is yours--but should it be that way? You know of course you can´t be taken advantage of, but I thought about how I have been on the mission and how would the Savior be. I thought about the sacrifice the Savior made for us.  

41 And he was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,
 42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, aremove this cup from me: nevertheless not my bwill, but thine, be done.43 And there appeared an aangel unto him from heaven, strengthening him. 44 And being in an aagony he prayed more earnestly: band his sweat was as it were great drops of cblood falling down to the ground. 45 And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he found them sleeping for sorrow,46 And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.
I have thought about these scriptures a lot this week. He sacrificed so much for us...he sacrificed his life. There are things or times where I don´t even want to sacrifice one of my things for my brother or sister here on this earth. Don´t fall asleep and find yourself putting things away just for your self. Always put the Savior first. I know what He did wasn´t easy, but I know that he did it because he loves us! Don´t ever forget that! I love all ya'll and if ya'll need anything please don´t hesitate to ask!    
Love Elder Brock 


No comments:

Post a Comment